The Chicago-based online gaming and content provider is on track for a record-breaking year in North America. Rush Street Interactive (RSI) officially released its financial results for Q2 this year, ending June 30, 2022.
West Virginia players are sure to know of the BetRivers Sportsbook and Casino app. RSI launched in West Virginia under its BetRivers brand in April 2021, with the sportsbook side of the operation launching in June of this year.
Quarter 2 Takeaways
- Q2 Revenue 2022: $143.7 million
- Q2 Revenue 2021: $122.8 million
- RSI experienced a 17% increase in total revenue in the second quarter of 2022
- The company did have a net loss of $28.3 million during the second quarter compared to a loss of $14 million in Q2 of 2021
- RSI invested a great deal more towards marketing this year in Q2. Adjusted advertising and promotions expense was $44.2 million during Q2 of 2022, a 20% increase from Q2 2021 ($36.9 million)
- The company also experienced a Real-Money Monthly Active Users (MAUs) growth in the US and Canada of 35%. That translates to 133,000 MAUs on the collection of RSI betting sites. The company also reported an average revenue per MAU (ARPMAU) of $325 during Q2 2022, up 23% from 2021.
- As of June 30, 2022, the company reported its unrestricted cash and cash equivalents equaled $202 million on RSI’s balance sheet, with no debts outstanding.
RSI’s Chief Executive Officer, Rich Schwartz, stated, “We made further progress towards our profitability goals with a sixth market turning positive during the quarter, adding to the five markets that also showed sequential profitability improvements in the second quarter.”
RSI just launched its product line in Ontario in April and even recently started a partnership to launch an online casino and sports book in Mexico.
Schwartz continued, “We significantly expanded our international reach with the recent launches in Ontario and Mexico, both large population markets where online casino is legal, playing to our strength. We have seen our handle and revenue in Ontario steadily grow since launching at the beginning of the second quarter and remain excited about our recent launch in Mexico and the start of our upcoming marketing campaigns in that market. Looking forward, we are confident heading into the back half of the year and what it holds for RSI, as many of our recently launched markets will be entering their first full football and soccer seasons. With our continued growth in both the United States and international markets, we are well-positioned to achieve our goal of Adjusted EBITDA profitability for the second half of 2023.”
As West Virginia players have seen with the recent addition of the BetRivers Sportsbook to the app in the state, RSI is making developments across North America. Below are a few more recent developments happening in North America by the brand:
- Partnered with Mexican media company conglomerate Grupo Multimedios to bring an online casino and sportsbook brand to Latin America.
- Launched online sportsbook and casino in Ontario in April
- First gaming program in the US to use Neccton’s player protection software
- The first brand to launch live dealer games in West Virginia
The company reported they expect total revenues for 2022 to be between $600 million and $630 million. If the company succeeds, the number represents a 26% growth compared to the total revenue of $488 million in 2021.
If you’re interested in watching the video recording of the press conference or viewing the written press release, visit this link.
Mac Daniel is a South Carolina-based freelance writer for PlayOnlineCasino and PlayOnlineSportsBetting. He has experience writing about a wide variety of topics, including healthcare, tourism, non-profit organizations, and most recently casino and sportsbetting news. To check out more of his work, visit www.playonlinecasinomi.com or www.playonlinesportsbetting.com